Electric geyser is an essential and widely used home appliance. The purpose of a geyser is not just to give you hot water. It must do so safely and it must also be a good investment in terms of utility and maintenance. Geyser installation should be done as per manufactures guidelines. It is advisable to call qualified electrician or plumber for installation.
Things you should consider before you buy a geyser.
1. Requirement (Family size) – An over-sized geyser means heating extra water that is not required and under Sized will be a pain too. So, choose accordingly.
2. Energy consumption – A good geyser is one that heats water efficiently while consuming less energy doing so. Buy one with 5 Star Rated.
3. Features – While selecting a geyser look for important features like: – Automatic thermal cut-out, Adjustable thermostat settings, Safety valve for pressure release, Glass coated heating element, Rust proof outer body and so on.
4. Brand – Purchase geyser from brands that are trustworthy, consider their warranty, good after-sale service and customer support.
5. Looks – Purchase a geyser or water heater that matches your bathroom decor and style.
Things you should consider before Installation geyser.
1. Geyser and Water Tank level – Distance between water tank and geyser is also very important as it applies pressure for smooth running. Suppose you live on top storey just below the water tank then geyser may face issue of water pressure.
2. Correct Height – A minimum height of 6 ft. from ground is recommended for geyser installation. For safety reasons, geyser should be fitted away from wet and damp areas and should be installed properly.
3. Unblocked Water Pipes – Make sure that the pipes are clean and clog free for smooth water flow.
4. Safe Electrical Connections – When making the electrical connections for geyser, always make sure that the electrical supply has the proper overload fuse or MCB protection. Also, make sure that the water heater or geyser and electrical supply are properly grounded. Wall Structure should also be taken care of.
Written by – Deepak Shashank.